Not everyone is a super-Christian!
We don’t all have stories of how we glanced at the stranger seated next to us on the plane and led them to Jesus right there on the spot.
Most of us are probably missing like 9 out of every 10 opportunities we have to share the Truth. (Wait! What opportunities?!)
Worse, in the unlikely event that we ever did
accidentally unintentionally luckily lead someone to Jesus, we wouldn’t have the first clue what to do next. Maybe the pastor knows what to do? Sadly, maybe not.
Or, maybe you know how to “lead people to Christ” but you have never considered how to lead them toward Christ-likeness.
We may not all be super-Christians, but every-Christian has been tasked with making disciples of all nations.
A Collaborative Writing Project
I’m writing an eBook to help the every-Christian make and multiply followers of Jesus.
But I’m not writing from a super-Christian’s perspective. I’m writing from an every-Christian perspective.
I actually believe that if Jesus has given us a mission to make disciples of all nations he can empower every-Christian to fulfill that mission. And if we’re not intentionally making disciples who make disciples then we are pursuing the wrong mission.
Over the next few months I’ll write a series of blog posts that I will eventually bundle into a free eBook to help every-Christian pursue Jesus’ mission.
Since I’m not writing as an expert, I need your help. I want you to shape the final content of the eBook. I need your insights and ideas, your experiences and stories, your questions and critiques.
Each post will be designed to generate discussion and I’m inviting you to join the conversation! I’m asking experienced disciple-making disciples and scared-to-share-the-Gospel-to-my-best-friend disciples to participate.
The final result will be a practical collaborative eBook on disciple making that can be used by students, regular church members, pastors and missionaries. But more importantly, as we intentionally focus our attention on the mission Jesus has given us, I am convinced that we will make disciples who make disciples.
Four Ways You Can Participate
- Pray – Along the way, I’d like to ask you to pray for each post. Pray that God would use the insights from that post to help you become a more faithful disciple maker and pray the same for the others who will also be influenced by that post. In fact, take a moment right now and pray for the overall writing project.
- Participate – A couple of times a week I will publish a post to the blog about disciple making. Here are just a few ideas of how you can participate:
- Subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss a post. You can have them delivered to your feed reader or to your email inbox.
- Comment on the blog posts with your own thoughts, questions, recommended resources, and quotes.
- Do the “homework assignments” that will be on some of the articles and share the results with the rest of the community.
Click here to help fund this disciple making eBook.
So, did you make any disciples this year? Last year? The last 10 years? Whether you have or haven’t, you are invited to join in now by praying, participating, promoting and/or providing. Let’s hold each other accountable and pray that God would empower us by His Spirit to fulfill the mission to make disciples of all nations.