This is just a quick update to let you know that my family has arrived in Queens and we are settling into a temporary residence while we look for an apartment. God has provided for our immediate financial needs and lots of helpers for the move. Our hope is to find an apartment somewhere in the Flushing, Fresh Meadows, Bayside, or Whitestone neighborhoods.
The goal is to make disciples and plant churches in the heart of Queens, NY. We will eventually be working with the North American Mission Board. For now, we are just getting used to the idea that we are now New Yorkers.
Today is my first opportunity to sit down and get organized.
Here are my goals for the week:
- See as many apartments as possible until we find the right one for our family and our ministry;
- Send an email update to our prayer partners with more details about our church planting and disciple making activity in Queens and our prayer requests;
- Touch base with our ministry contacts in NYC to begin the commissioning process with NAMB;
- Get a NYC driver’s license and health insurance;
- Eat lots of New York pizza and bagels.